During the week I always set time aside to provide a number of complimentary consultations, these are just 30 minute sessions where you can call me up and we can chat about the biggest challenges in your business right now. One of the most common issues I get is this:
‘Sharon I’m doing all the right things, I’m going out and doing loads of networking but nothing is happening for me, I’m just not getting any business’.
I can identify with that one so much!
In my first year of business that was all I seemed to be doing ( apart from doing low value associate work that is) and it just wasn’t getting me anywhere. I wasted so much time, money and energy going to all these events, I met a lot of great people but really wasn’t any further on.
Until I realised the problem. I was networking in all the wrong places!
I wanted to meet key decision makers in financial services organisations, people like ‘me’ in my old job and I definitely wasn’t going to find them at my local Chamber of Commerce.
So please don’t make this same mistake. Follow these 3 golden rules for effective networking:
1. Only network where your target market is hanging out. If you don’t know where they go then find out by doing some research.
2. Don’t be afraid to invest in quality events. Better to spend £500 on a conference ticket where you are going to meet 10 key decision makers than £10 n an event where you don’t meet any.
3. Have an annual Networking Plan. Plan out where you are going to go and why and how much it is going to cost. Networking is a business expense and if you don’t plan it out you are not going to be able to review it to assess how effective it has been.
And if you want to know more about Effective Networking read on …..
ANNOUNCING HOW TO CREATE A SUCCESSFUL AND PROFITABLE TRAINING BUSINESS – EXPERT INTERVIEW SERIES
I’ve teamed up with some leading small business experts to offer you advice, insight and guidance on all aspects of how to make your training business profitable and successful.
Every two weeks I’ll be interviewing a new expert on subjects such as Networking for Results, Personal Branding, How to Write Great Web Copy, How to Market Public Workshops, Lead Generation and Conversion and much more!
NETWORKING FOR RESULTS
My first Expert Interview in the series is with Heather Townsend, author of the award winning Financial Times Guide to Business Networking.
Here’s some of the things you will learn:
– Why networking without a strategy is a waste of your time and money
– Why trainers can no longer afford to ignore social networking
– How to decide what activities to include in your Networking Plan
– Where to meet the RIGHT people for your business
– How to join up your networking activities for bigger and better results
TO LEARN MORE AND TO REGISTER CLICK here
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN WINNING AND RETAINING MORE CORPORATE BUSINESS?
I’ve known Neil and Vicki Espin for about 10 years now, they are owners and founders of the highly successful Corporate and Executive Coaching Organisation and I can personally vouch for their integrity and professionalism.
Together they have developed a simple but effective method for getting in front of organisations, winning new business as well as improving the quality of the training you offer.
Find out all the details here
Don’t forget about our upcoming How To Create a Successful and Profitable Training Business – The Easy Way! Workshops in
LEEDS – 26 March
LONDON – 27 April
SOUTH WEST – 28 June