One of the key issues that continues to crop up with people that I work with is Social Media. Do any of these sound familiar?
– Concern that it all takes too much time and could impact on more important business activities
– Uncertainty that it may not get results
– Dabbling in social media, doing it for a bit then giving up after a few weeks
I can understand all of these, they’re all quite legitimate concerns. After all, Social Media, although it feels like it’s been around for ages is still relatively new, there is a lot to learn and maybe with some freelance trainers the jury is still out on how effective it may be in terms of getting business. It does take time, there is no getting away from that but not as much as you might think. I can only speak from my own experience when I say that using Social Media proactively for the last 2 years has enabled me to get known for what I do, drive people to my website, take workshop and programme bookings and attract Mentoring Clients. Plus I have met and built relationships with fabulous people ( many of who I work with collaboratively) who I probably wouldn’t have met otherwise!
So let me try and cut through some of the clutter for you. Here are some tips to help you get started and get the best from Social Media:
1. Develop a Strategy. To be effective on Social Media you have to have clear objectives otherwise it is a a waste of time. Do you want to raise your profile so clients come to you? Build links with other trainers? Drive traffic to your website?
2. Don’t try to do too much to begin with. Limit yourself to either Twitter, Linked In or Facebook to begin with and get really good at using that ONE media.
3. Develop a Daily Action List that will enable you to achieve your objectives. For example, spending 30 minutes a day just chatting, sharing and engaging, scheduling daily or weekly blog posts, setting up a Google Alert to get and share links your followers might find useful, etc.
4. Automate some of your activity through Hootsuite or Tweetdeck. This way you can maintain a constant presence even when you are not there. Don’t forget to still check in to engage with people though!
5. Participate consistently. If you have got a Twitter account and only plan to tweet when you have a spare day and nothing much else on you may as well get rid of it. People need to see you every day, not once in a blue moon if they are to really connect with you and understand what it is that you do.
And if you still have more questions about Social Media read on …..
SOCIAL MEDIA Q AND A SESSION – MON 26 MARCH AT 20.00
If you still have questions about Social Media I’m going to be available on Mon 26 March for 1 Hour.
There is no sign up required, just dial into the phone line or listen and ask questions via the Web,
Here’s the Access Details:
PHONE: Choose a local number from www.InstantTeleseminar.com/
ANNOUNCING THE NEXT TRAINER TALK LIVE – FRI 18 MAY
The next Trainer Talk Live will be on Friday 18 May at Woodland Grange in Warwickshire, a great venue with easy access to M40, M1, M69. We loved it so much after the last Event we’ve decided to go there again. If you have been to a Trainer Talk Live before you will know what inspirational days they are and I look forward to seeing you again in May. If not, what are you waiting for?
See what’s in store and book your ticket here
Find out all the details here
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO GET MORE BUSINESS?
I’m always interested in ways that I can help you get your foot in the door of potential clients and win more business and I’ve come across a fresh, unusual, highly visual and best of all PROVEN way of doing this. Marting Johnson, the guy behind this unique tool and is someone I respect and rate highly as much for his boundless enthusiasm as anything else!
Have a look at what it’s all about here
Don’t forget about our upcoming How To Create a Successful and Profitable Training Business – The Easy Way! Workshops in
LEEDS – 26 March
LONDON – 27 April
MANCHESTER – 25 MAY
MIDLANDS – MAY DATE TBA
SOUTH WEST – 28 June